Sesame seeds of any color are a super food, but our favorite are black sesame seeds, considered one of the most potent energy and strength increasing foods in chinese medicine. Also used for strengthening the liver and kidneys.
Black sesame seeds are an excellent source of magnesium and calcium, more than cow’s milk and more easily absorbed. They also provide a high amount of copper (needed for calcium absorbency), zinc, phosphorus and iron. They also contain omega-6 fatty acids, antioxidants, vitamins, specially B vitamins and dietary fiber.
Some of the benefits of including black sesame seeds in your diet are:
* Helps regulate blood pressure because of the high magnesium and calcium content.
* Strengthens liver and kidneys.
* Natural anti-inflammatory.
* Strengthens the immune system.
* Helps in the development of strong bones and healthy joints.
* Helps to lower cholesterol. Sesame seeds contain sesamin and sesamolin, with high contents of dietary fiber that helps reduce cholesterol in the blood.
* Promote regular bowel movements.
* Have potent anti-cancer properties.