Aloha! This is a wonderful life you are living and even though it may at times be easy to forget, do keep in mind that you are now reading an article, on the world wide web about being healthy. Therein lies the proof that life is, for the most part, going swimmingly. This is a small sampling of tips to slowly work into your everyday life. Key thought here is to slowly work them in, no rush, no worries, slowly make different choices to give you a richer experience and hopefully a bit more peace and joy that you can then pass on to others!
1. You ARE what YOU EAT! Try to eat only the healthiest foods you can find, try to have the foods be whole and organic. If you feel the need to eat and have meat, allow it to be one of the smallest parts of your diet, again, ensuring it is from the best place possible, as good as can be when the place is made for slaughtering a live animal and then cutting it into smaller parts. Organic and local is a key!
2. In general, cow milk in whatever form is best when avoided as it really has no upside where the human body is concerned, you can get more readily absorbent calcium in many other forms. What other animal in nature drinks milk after its formative years? (You’re an animal, I promise, the rules apply to YOU!)
3. Go barefoot whenever you can and wherever you can as often as you can.
4. Drink more water than you currently do (for average person who does not drink nearly enough water), you want at least 4 litres per day. It is best if this water comes direct from the earth to you, the more man messes with it, the worse off it usually is. Start your day, i.e. First thing upon waking, two large glasses of water. Do it for a month and tell me you’re not stoked=]
5. The things that cause you stress should be dealt with immediately. Try to grow to the point where nothing causes you stress. This may mean letting go of things, do not confuse this with running away from things, which will only increase stress in the long run. To react in the same manner towards an unpaid bill as you would to the gravity of a wild animal attack is not helpful and unhealthy. Place your world in perspective and re-establish a baseline for stress in your world. Killing all the wild animals that can attack is not the answer.
6. Take care of your teeth everyday. This will of course include floss and brushing the back of your front teeth…. I always get that one wrong when I see the dentist….
7. Spend more time outdoors than indoors, unless you live in an inhospitable climate…. and then, ask yourself why you live there if you do not like being outside, and then move (animals do this, they call it – migration, you’re still an animal=).
8. Grow a plant. It does wonders for your inner workings and your view on the world. You’d be amazed to learn the journey of most of the things you use come from and how they live before you use them (your food, many of your clothes – cotton, the wood for the roof over your head etc.!). Perspective changing to say the very least.
9. Exercise regularly. This means accelerating your heart rate for a length of time in a way that has positive long term impact on your body. Master Bruce Lee trained with the intention of being/doing more than the day before. You were MADE to move, and fast in all environments on this planet, the more natural the better. Start is a gym and a pool, graduate to the Ocean and Wilderness. Tarzan trained in a Jungle and he is rad.
10. Meditate regularly, this can be in whatever form you like, it is just like working out the body, except you focus on the mind and not holding onto, or following thoughts, instead, your goal is to merely be the vessel for the cascade of thoughts, never the thoughts themselves. Let them come and go like clouds in the sky, be the sky, not the clouds.
11. Be ever willing to try something new. Evolution is the constant push of living creatures (plants, animals-which you still are, fungi, protists, archaea, and bacteria…etc?) boundaries. Once you stop pushing your boundaries, you are no longer serving an evolutionary purpose and will begin, by simply not doing, to write yourself out of the flow of life as the rest of the living world continue to push theirs. It truly is never too late to re-join the evolutionary process. You need only start doing things that are good for you or bad for you, using your common sense of course and you are back in the process! From switching to organic veggies instead of McDonalds, or riding your bicycle blindfolded in rush hour traffic, you are back in the great process of the planet – EVOLUTION! Welcome back to LIFE!
12. No matter what you choose to do, always make room to love another LIVING entity. No matter how annoying the pet or the person, you will miss them when they are gone… everything living thing is unique and if take a moment to get to “know” any living thing, it really changes you profoundly, try it, regularly in your search for love. Say Aloha, Hello, Good Day, Hola – nearly complete list here, to all whom you should be so fortunate as to have cross your path!
13. Try your best to ditch your T.V., if you have trouble doing this, even for a day or a week, then, well, you know=]
14. Turn on airplane mode to reduce zapping yourself in all of your electronics when you are not on them. Studies are showing an incase in tumors, brittle bones and impotence/lowered sperm counts for men and a I am sure as the years roll by a host of ailments will surface.
16. Read labels and dont buy things you dont understand? Ifthe words are two big, chances are you are eating a food like substance andmnot actually a food. Mthis is fine for androids and people like things, but not for actual humans. Also, Its not just what it doesnt contain, but what it does and vice versa, dont allow yourself to be misled! Splenda started as an ant killer – true story. Many things are not healthy for you, but still get the gobernment O.K. I spelled it that way on purpose.
17. Make veggies fruits nuts and whole grains a bigger part of your diet than meat and dairy, we coved it already, but I want to make sure you get it… According to Dr. Fuhrman whos popular site, http://www.Drfurhman.com, and this is a paraphrase of what he wrote with my silliness included, that being said, the facts are the facts and I nor he tampered with them!
There are now over a thousand studies documenting the effects of saturated fats (animal fats) and thier very negative effects on the human machine in that they are the number one way that fat soluble petrodhemicals such as PCBs and Dioxin, along with toxic elements such as Mercury – the stuff that is so toxic if it spills in a school or other public place, and by spill Im talking a thermometer breaks, that area is closed off, TOXIC stu. Well, this stuff is most mostly absorbed by humans through the consumption of Animal products, makes sense right, that what has the saturated fat! Specifically and in this order, Fish, Dairy, Meat (cow, pig, lamb, chihuahua, hey, you eat it, Im vegan, dont look at me!), and lastly poultry. Fish may be a bummer for people to hear, and yet, have you checked on the current state of the ocean! Good lord, sing praise you can still eat fish! Dairy, milk, ice cream, ETC… another bummer, but hey, if you take a look at how milk is made, you have to figure that killing all those baby cows would come back and bite you somehow!
18. Read books books that are interesting but different from what you would normally read, keep your mind active and it will do its best to keep you well.
19. Travel, near or far, best if you can get out of your comfort zone and really go somewhere far. Mthe farther you go, the less likely you can rationalize the trip away. People are people wherever you go. If you dont go, you wont know, so travel!